Pork LOIN Roast
2 – 2 1/2 hours
2 1/2 – 3 hours
What you need to Get:
1 Bruemar Loin Roast, Skin scored
+ 2 medium red onion, cut in quarters
+ 3 medium carrots, diced
+ 4 medium potatoes, cut in wedges
+ 2 tablespoons oil
+ 1 sprig rosemary
+ Salt and pepper to season
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 220° C (Fan Forced).
2. Wipe the rind of any moisture with a paper towel. Rub the Pork rind with oil, then salt generously into the scores and into the rind.
3. Place the Roast on a rack in a roasting dish and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the rind begins to crackle.
4. Reduce the oven to 180° C and cook for a further 45 minutes per kilogram of Pork or until internal temperature reaches 70-75° C.
5. About 40 minutes before the end of the roasting time, place the vegetables on the roasting pan. Mix with olive oil, rosemary and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes stirring at least once during that time, or until vegetables are browned and cooked through.
6. Once Loin Roast is cooked through, transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving.