PORK LEG ROAST WITH
HONEY AND GINGER SAUCE
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET:
1 Bruemar Pork Leg Roast (approx. 1.5 kg)
+ olive oil
+ 4 tablespoons honey
+ 1/4 cup tamari sauce
+ 1 tablespoon olive oil
+ A thumb of ginger, finely diced
+ 2 garlic cloves, minced
+ 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
+ 2 sprigs fresh coriander, finely chopped
+ 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
+ 1 lemon, zested and juiced
+ Basmati rice
+ Bok Choy
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1.Pre-heat air fryer to 200 °C.
2. Wipe the rind of any moisture with a paper towel. Rub the Pork rind with oil, then salt generously into the scores and into the rind.
3. Place Pork Roast in the air fryer basket and bake at 200 °C for 30 minutes until the rind begins to crackle.
4. While the Pork is roasting, prepare the honey and ginger sauce. Mix honey, tamari, oil and 2 tablespoons hot water in a bowl. Add ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander and spring onions. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Combine well.
5. After 30 minutes, open the draw and baste the meat part of the Pork Roast with 1/4 of the honey and ginger sauce (not the crackling). Reduce heat to 170 °C and cook for a further 30-40 minutes. Check that the internal temperature has reached 70-75 °C. (If not, continue air frying for a further 10 minutes.)
6. Remove the Pork from the air fryer. Cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving. When rested, slice the Pork and drizzle with the remaining honey and ginger sauce. Serve with sides of white basmati rice and/or stir-fried greens.