Pork Gyros Stir Fry
with capsicum and mushrooms
10 minutes (+30 minutes)
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET:
500g Bruemar Pork Topside, cut into strips
+ 1 tablespoon sweet paprika powder
+ 1 tablespoon rosemary, dried
+ 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
+ 1 tablespoon thyme, dried
+ 4 tablespoons olive oil
+ Salt and pepper
+ ½ green capsicum, cut into strips
+ ½ red capsicum, cut into strips
+ ½ yellow capsicum, cut into strips
+ 250g brown mushrooms, sliced
+ 1 red onion, sliced
+ 1 garlic clove, minced
+ Fresh mint
+ 2 pita breads
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. To make the marinade, combine paprika powder, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Pour the marinade over Pork strips, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat well. If possible, let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry Pork Strips for about 5 minutes on high heat. Remove the meat and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the same pan, add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes. Add capsicum and sauté for another 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut the pita bread into triangles. Spray with cooking oil and place in the oven under the grill until golden brown.
5. Add the meat back to the pan, and season with salt and pepper and stir until heated through.
6. Serve the gyros with tzatziki and crispy pita triangles. Sprinkle with mint before serving.