Maple Bourbon Belly with Onion Rings
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET:
+ 1 pack Bruemar Maple Bourbon Belly
+ 2 tsp sea salt flakes
+ ¾ cup self-raising flour
+ 1½ cups cold soda water
+ tbsp malt vinegar
+ 2 cups cornflour
+ Vegetable oil for deep frying
+ 2 onions sliced into 1cm thick rings
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan forced).
2. Remove meat and sauce from packaging and place the belly on a lined baking tray. Cook for 30 minutes, remove from oven and pour on half the sauce sachet.
3. Cook for 15 minutes, remove from oven and pour remaining sauce over belly.
4. Cook for further 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
5. Place the salt, flour, soda water, malt vinegar and half the cornflour in a large bowl and stir to just combine.
2. Place the remaining cornflour in a separate large bowl. Half-fill a large saucepan with the oil and place over medium heat until it reaches 180°C
3. Working in batches, dust the onion in the reserved cornflour, dip in the batter and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain well.