Chili Pork Steaks with Rice and Asian Greens
What you need to get:
800g Pork Neck (cut into 4 Scotch Fillet Steaks)
+ 2 tablespoons fish sauce
+ 1 tablespoons soy sauce
+¼ cup hoisin sauce
+ 2 tablespoons castor sugar
+ ½ tablespoon salt
+ 3 cloves garlic, minced
+2 large red chillies, chopped
+ ½ small onion, finely chopped
+ ¼ tablespoon black pepper
+ ⅓ cup coconut milk
+ 1 tablespoon olive oil
+ 1 cup jasmine rice
+ 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
+ 2 bunches Bok choy, halved lengthways
+ 1 bunch broccolini
+ 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
+ Coriander and/or lime, optional
What you need to do:
1. Combine fish sauce, hoisin and soy sauce and all other ingredients in a bowl. Toss Pork Steaks in marinade and set aside, covered, at room temperature, for at least 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
2. Cook the rice according to pack instructions. Drain the Pork from marinade; reserve marinade. Place the Steaks into a high-heat frying pan, cook for 1 minute each side. Reduce to medium heat and cook for a further 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and rest for about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, boil, steam or microwave the bok choy and broccolini until just tender. Combine the reserved marinade with ¼ cup of water in a small pan and bring to the boil; simmer for 1 minute.
4. Cut the meat into slices. Place rice in the middle of the bowl, top with vegetables and Steak strips. Pour remaining marinade over, and drizzle around the plate.
5. Scatter sesame seeds on top, and garnish with coriander leaves.