ASIAN GLAZED PORK BELLY
10 minutes + 6 hours+
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET:
1 kg Bruemar Pork Belly
+ 1 tablespoon soy sauce
+ 1 tablespoon brown sugar
+ 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
+ 2 garlic cloves, crushed
+ 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice
+ 1 clementine, juiced
+ 1 lime, juiced
+ 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
+ 1 teaspoon oil
+ 1 tablespoon sea salt
+ 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
1. Combine soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, Chinese five spice, lime and clementine juice in a bowl. Rub marinade in the flesh and place the pork skin-side up in a plastic container. Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 240 °C (Fan Forced).
3. Pat dry the rind with paper towel, with oil, then salt generously into the scores and into the rind.
4. Place the Belly a roasting dish and add 100ml of cold water in the baking tray, place in the oven.
5. Roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the rind begins to crackle.
6. Reduce the oven to 180° C and cook for a further 40 minutes.
7. Meanwhile prepare the Apple-Coleslaw Salad. In a large bowl, combine white and red cabbage, red apple, red onion and carrot. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad. Set aside.
8. In the last 10-15 minutes, turn the heat back to 240 °C.
9. Once cooked through, transfer to a plate and rest for 10 minutes before carving.