PORK ROAST WITH
PUMPKIN AND LENTIL SALAD
2 1/2 hours
What you need to Get:
Bruemar Pork Shoulder Roast, 2 kg
+ Olive Oil
+ 3/4 cup black lentils, washed and drained (alternatively 1 can black lentils)
+ 1/2 butternut pumpkin, diced
+ 1 cup pomegranate seeds
+ 2 tablespoons honey
+ 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
+ 3 tablespoons olive oil
+ 1/4 teaspoon grounded nutmeg
+ Salt and pepper
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 220 °C (Fan Forced). Score the entire rind with a sharp knife, making sure not to cut into the meat. Wipe the rind of any moisture with a paper towel. Rub the Pork rind with oil, then salt generously into the scores and into the rind.
2. Place the Pork Shoulder Roast onto a wire rack. Roast at 220 °C in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the rind begins to crackle.
3. Turn oven down to 180 °C for the remainder of the cooking time, about 30-40 minutes per kg.
4. While the Pork is cooking, prepare the salad ingredients. Cook the lentils according to packet instructions. Place the diced pumpkin on a baking tray, cover with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and golden. In a small bowl whisk together honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and ground nutmeg, season with salt and pepper.
5. Place Pork to a cutting board and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving. Assemble salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, gently toss to combine. Arrange sliced Pork over the salad. Serve.