Crackling Pork Roast with
quinoa and roasted vegetables
2 – 2 1/2 hours
2 – 2 1/2 hours
What you need to Get:
2kg Bruemar Pork Leg Roast
+ olive oil
+ 2 medium red onion, cut in quarters
+ 8 brussels sprouts, halved
+ 750g Kent pumpkin, cut into cubes
+ ½ broccoli, cut into small florets
+ ½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
+ ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
+ ½ cup olive oil
+ 2 cups Quinoa Tricolour + 4 cups water or vegetable stock
+ 1 bunch kale, leaves torn into pieces
What you need to do:
1. Preheat oven to 220 °C (Fan Forced). Score the entire rind with a sharp knife, making sure not to cut into the meat. Wipe the rind of any moisture with a paper towel. Rub the Pork rind with oil, then salt generously into the scores and into the rind.
2. Place the Pork Leg Roast onto a wire rack. Roast at 220 °C in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the rind begins to crackle.
3. Turn oven down to 180 °C for the remainder of the cooking time, about 30-40 minutes per kg.
4. While the Pork is cooking, prepare the red onions, brussels sprouts, pumpkin, broccoli, and cauliflower. Combine olive oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper. Toss all vegetables in a bowl with half the oil and vinegar.
5. About 40 minutes before the end of the roasting time, add the prepared vegetables to the baking tray. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes stirring at least once.
6. Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa in cold water. Tip the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan and cover with 4 cups cold water or vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 12-15 mins, or until all water has evaporated.
7. Remove the Pork and roasted vegetables from the oven. Place Pork to a cutting board and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before carving and serving.
8. Transfer roasted vegetables on a larger platter, add the quinoa and scatter with kale. Arrange sliced Pork over the quinoa and roasted vegetables. Top with pan juices and serve with reserved oil and vinegar mixture on the side.